Baker at Heart


Ever feel like you really see something specific in someone - maybe even before they are totally walking in it? Along those lines, my wife is a bread baker. I know it. It's one of those things that's less an activity of the hands and more an outpouring of the soul. She is going to be a great baker. This banana bread was one such example. I loved watching her prepare with all these mixing bowls and I loved the "Clabber Girl" can as a visual element. Wish I could share the bread too :)










Photographer's Note: Prep photos were taken with 43" shoot through positioned back and high. I have been getting into food photography recently and it seems that higher light sources have something to them when lighting food. Didn't bother with the lights for the bread - just ate it.

P.S. The counter space below was provided by Jim. It was constructed with 8/4 rock maple and 8/4 cherry. Really nice! Also, the vanilla is from Penzey's Spices. I recommend them too. For example, if you like to have 4 types of cinnamon to choose from - go there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing and commenting!