Through the Windshield


Adventure on a foggy morning! After stopping to take some shots of the cows and surrounding land, I was trying to find this small old bridge that I had taken a picture of before. Drove past the road, realized I had and then turned around. On the way back towards my road I stopped my car in the middle of the road, prayed for safety and shot four or five exposures through the windshield. My favorite of the bunch is below. I love going for drives in the country!



Photographer's note: I shoot landscapes in manual mode while making use of the spot metering pattern that is available in my camera. Sometimes, however it is nice to be able to move more quickly than that - like when stopped in the middle of the road! So, a quick change to aperture-priority and a +0.7 exposure compensation as the camera came to my eye helped keep the high-tone feel of the actual scene. Contrast adjustments in Lightroom for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing and commenting!