Foggy August Evening

Megan and I recently watched Becoming Jane, which I then bought for the cinematography. I love that romantic, kind-of proper, yet very alive era. Cades Cove in the Smoky Mountains often takes me right back there.

A little after a parting afternoon rain, the sunset lit up the fog that resulted from the moisture in the air. This photo was taken from the edge of this old gravel road called Sparks Lane. I positioned the camera between the barbwire of the fence that lines the road and took this panorama. I love thinking back to how beautiful the cove must have been back then and how the humble inhabitants of the cove saw these scenes, in color, every day.




Photo info: ISO 100, 6 seconds, f/13. 80 or 105 mm. About 7 or 8 vertical shots stitched together in Photoshop CS4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing and commenting!