Griswold


My Grandpa (Papa) has given me a lot of things. He has given me fun rides on his golf cart, fishing trips beyond number, many adventurous drives through Sandusky, and countlesss hours watching birds on the feeders from his kitchen window (and bb gunning the squirrels and cats that intrude!). For our wedding he gave us a wonderful set of cast iron skillets. Now, I have been becoming quite a foodie in the wake of our marriage - as any of you know Megan might expect! Couple that with my love of all things "gear," and you have my (personally unexpected) appreciation for fine cookware. So, these skillets are awesome. I think they may be older than my grandpa and they are seasoned to provide non-stick ability that probably beats teflon. The other thing they have going for them is durability. This pan is equally at home on a clean gas range as it is laying in the smoldering coals of a Smoky Mountains fire while searing some 2"-thick New York Strips. Thanks papa for another wonderful gift!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing and commenting!