A Healthful Heart


Recently, one of our good friends described Megan as having a "healthful heart." I could not say it better. There is something about Megan that just makes you feel a little extra at peace when you are around her. I think that is what struck me about this scene on the dock - a visual of that heart. When I came back from fishing one morning, Megan was reading her bread baking book in a white adirondack chair; I got my lights and camera out and captured this image:




Megan and I had a wonderful honeymoon at Elmhirst's Resort in Keene, ON. My family and I went there each summer during my childhood, and we could not have picked a better place for our honeymoon. Relaxing, beautiful, boating, fishing, tubing, movies, GREAT food . . . I cannot recommend them enough.

This photo was taken at 1/250th f/13 or so and ISO 100. I shot an SB-80 at 1:1 with a 1/4 CTO gel through a 43" white shoot-through very close to her camera right. The 1/4 CTO changes the 5500K flash to 4500K and I therefore set my camera's manual white balance to 4500K; this makes the skin tones perfect but pulls a slight bit of yellow out of the sky (which I figured would make the blue of the sky subtly more intense). Hadn't tried it before but I love how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing and commenting!